Here are some interesting and funny topics for a 5-minute presentation:
1. “The Art of Procrastination” – Share humorous anecdotes and tips on how to procrastinate like a pro (with a wink).
2. “The Evolution of Memes” – Explore the history and impact of internet memes, with a dash of humor.
3. “The Secret Lives of Pets” – Imagine what your pets might do when you’re not home, backed by funny anecdotes or fictional stories.
4. “The Quirky Habits of Famous People” – Uncover the eccentric habits and routines of famous personalities throughout history.
5. “Why Cats Rule the Internet” – Delve into the phenomenon of cat videos and memes online, with a humorous take on feline dominance.
6. “The Trials and Tribulations of Online Shopping” – Share comical personal experiences and tips for navigating the world of online shopping.
7. “The Science of Laughter” – Explore the benefits of laughter, backed by funny jokes and anecdotes.
8. “How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse” – Offer tongue-in-cheek advice on preparing for the undead, with a comedic twist.
9. “The Strange World of Urban Legends” – Dive into bizarre urban legends, revealing the funny and absurd stories people believe.
10. “The Dos and Don’ts of Awkward Situations” – Share humorous anecdotes and tips for handling awkward social situations.
Remember to infuse humor, anecdotes, and engaging visuals to make your 5-minute presentation both entertaining and memorable.
I would suggest looking within yourself for topics.
I learned a formula years ago for developing entertaining speeches. It goes:
PMF + T = H. Translated… personal misfortune + time = humor.
We all have painful experiences in life. As time passes, and our emotions are in control, we can often find the humor in the situations.
To make the stories even more entertaining, don’t be afraid to embellish the details. A trick I learned years ago is to never let the truth get in the way of telling a good story. Unless you are in court of law of course, where you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
For further discussion on public speaking, speech development, communication skills and Toastmasters, visit the Live For Excellence Book Store for the following publications:
Blow Your Own Horn!: Personal Branding for Business Professionals
Power Networking For Shy People: How to Network Like a Pro
The Power of Persuasion: Mastering the Art of Influence
The Power of Promotion: Online Marketing For Toastmasters Club Growth
The Savvy Emcee: How to be a Dynamic Master of Ceremonies
Working With Words: Adding Life to Your Oral Presentations
Rae A. Stonehouse is an author, speaker, and self-publishing consultant dedicated to helping others embrace constant improvement and overcome challenges. With over 40 years of experience as a Registered Nurse in psychiatry and mental health, Rae brings a wealth of knowledge and passion for self-development to his writing and presentations.
As a 25+ year member of Toastmasters International, Rae has systematically built his communication abilities and self-confidence to share his insights as an author and speaker. His self-help books and personal development presentations aim to have conversational one-on-one connections with readers and audiences.
Rae is known for his wry sense of humor and sage advice delivered in a relatable coaching style. After four decades as a nurse, Rae has rewired rather than retired, actively writing and pursuing public speaking. He strives to share lessons learned to help others achieve personal and professional growth.